SQL for insertPosition - sierra wireless taip gives 0,0 position until a fix is received

monty7 years ago

I have been using traccar for a little while with several different devices. One of which is a sierra wireless modem. It sends data of zero lat/long until it gets a fix. I used to overcome this by modifying the insertPosition sql in the config file so that it would only insert if the lattitude was not zero.
When I upgraded to the last release, I noticed an error in the logs for the insert position, I then noticed it had been removed from the config file.

From a quick scan of the source, I'm guessing that the sql is different for each decoder. I did take a quick look at the taip decoder but didn't see anything obvious there. I imagine I could tweak the code to not return a position when it's zero? But, for a couple of reasons I'd hate to tweak the code.

I haven't looked at the messages to see if there is a bit that is set for invalid position or similar. I could send you the debug messages if that would be useful. Or is, there a simpler way to resolve this situation?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

There is a special filtering option for zero coordinates:

https://www.traccar.org/configuration-file/

monty7 years ago

Thanks Anton. It took me a while to make this effective. I didn't read enough of the documentation. Had to enable filters as well!

Very much appreciate your effort on this application.