Statistics not showing anything up

Karl.6 years ago

I am trying to run a statistics report and it isn't returning any data. Do i need to enable this somewhere or do I have a bug?

Also when having my reverse geocoding set to on request and I run a trips report do this store the addresses in the database or if I run that report again does it request all these addresses again?

Thanks

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Statistics is recorded once a day. Are you sure you waited long enough? Also, are you sure you are selecting long enough period?

As for reverse geocoding, it doesn't store it in the database, as far as I remember.

Karl.6 years ago

Hi Anton,

Once I click show it flashes up the loading spinner for a split second and then disappears.

Also, sorry, but would it not make sense to save these addresses for when the reports are run again in the future?

I am also having an error when running reports. There are roughly 50 devices and if I run the routes report for the previous week I get popup error saying communication error.

I can create you an account on the server and let you access it to see what I mean?

I have checked the logs and I see two errors in it

Caused by: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

SEVERE: An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.

It would be nice to save addresses, but it's very minor issue. You would have to select report with "from" or/and "to" exactly the same as for earlier report to re-use address, so it's a very rare case.

As for the report issues, it's probably a browser timeout. Your report takes too long, so the request times out.

Karl.6 years ago

Hi,

If I wanted to run off a report for all devices for the previous week (50 devices) and later on in the week someone else also wanted to run off the same report that would mean doing the reverse geocoding all over again. If I was to put this in as an issue do you think it would get solved in github?

Can you shed any light on the stats not working?

Is there any reason for a report taking too long? I am using sql server and the computer has 8gb of ram and a Xeon E5 processor so it has plenty of power.

Thanks

I don't think there is any solution for report problem. If it takes too long it either means there's too much data, or your computer doesn't have enough resources.

As for stats, I have already commented on why it might not give you any results.