Still a bit befuddled as to how to build on one unix machine and run on another

xinumike8 years ago

I am still a bit befuddled as to how to build on one unix machine and run on another
for example, if if I run package.sh I get this:
Missing ../../ext-X.X.X (https://www.sencha.com/legal/GPL/)

Is there someplace that lists what package needs and where to get it?

I don't particularly need 'package' I guess..
But after a successful build, what do I need to zip up to move to a non-build machine to run?

Thank you,
Mike

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

You need to have ExtJS to compile web interface if you want to build installation package yourself.

There is no list of required things, but the script will complain if something is missing.

After successful build you'll have a ZIP file (one for each platform). So, you just need to take Linux version I guess. What "unix" platform do you have?

xinumike8 years ago

Perhaps I don't need to create a brand new install package. I am trying to make one small modification. Thought I could just replace trackar-server.jar and restart...but I get the crash below. Any advice would be appreciated. Note I am doing this with java7.
Thank you,
Mike

jvm 1    | [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Logging initialized @1405ms
jvm 1    | [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server - jetty-9.2.z-SNAPSHOT
jvm 1    | [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - Started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@23e7cde4{/api,null,AVAILABLE}
jvm 1    | [WrapperSimpleAppMain] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler - No Server set for org.traccar.web.WebServer$1@477e4626
jvm 1    | [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector - Started ServerConnector@2388f2c1{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8082}
jvm 1    | [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server - Started @3454ms
jvm 1    | Dec 22, 2015 3:27:53 PM org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$TerminalWriterInterceptor aroundWriteTo
jvm 1    | SEVERE: MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=null, type=class java.util.HashMap, genericType=class java.util.HashMap.
jvm 1    | Dec 22, 2015 3:27:53 PM org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder process
jvm 1    | SEVERE: Error occurred when processing a response created from an already mapped exception.
jvm 1    | [qtp156406827-59] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler - 
jvm 1    | javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
jvm 1    | 	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:487)
jvm 1    | 	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:425)
jvm 1    | 	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:383)
jvm 1    | 	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:336)
jvm 1    | 	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:223)
Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Only use case for building your own installation package is if you want to distribute your own custom version of Traccar. If you just want to install a custom version on your own server, you can install official release and replace main JAR file (if it's a Java change).

As for the crash, since last release the API has changed. There are two options:

1. You can build your customization on top of latest release (checkout tag in git)
  2. You can wait for next official release which is happening very soon
xinumike8 years ago

That was a silly mistake on my part.
Thank you for your advice.