Store and upload data?

hairydog6 years ago

The not-very-good Windows server software that came with one of my TK102 units worked much as Traccar does, but less reliably and with fewer features. However, it did have one feature which Traccar seems to lack.

If the tracker goes out of mobile coverage or runs out of mobile credit, it stores location data on its microsd card. When it comes back into coverage this seems to be uploaded. If not, the server could request upload of stored data for specified days.

If Traccar has this functionality, how can I access it? If it does not have this functionality, is there any chance of adding it for a later release?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Usually devices upload archived data automatically. If your device needs some request, then you should use commands. Without any documentation it won't be possible to anything.

hairydog6 years ago

Sounds like there must be some command the other server sent to enable this. I have five different user guides for TK102 devices, all with different commands. So far, nearly all the commands work on all the devices. Only the documentation is different. But none of the user guides is well written, clear or comprehensive. But the devices are very cheap!
One of the better ones says:
5.14.1 Auto Logging: When the tracker device lost GSM signals or fall offline from GPRS, tracker will log the tracking position and alerts automatically in the SD card on the basis of the pre-set condition, when GSM signals get back, all the event alerts will be auto-sent to the authorized numbers or web platform (server), but the logged tracking data should be headed to the web platform by SMS command.

Then it goes in to say

5.14.2 Logging upon times....

and then says more or less the same things as for setting tracking settings. So it seems that I need to configure this explicitly.

Thanks for the pointer to a possible solution.