Strange behavior

Please explain me somthing.
I had tracker that reported his position every 5 sec all he day. I watched the device in the web interface and seemed to move evenly. BUT, when i check the points in the database I surprisingly descover that even though the server time of every point was moved every 5 secs, the fix time was the same for a long duration! And the point had the some coordinates all this time! So, even though I saw in the interface the device to move regulary only few changes in the position are stored in the data base. Hence I lost the excact path!
Question: Is that true that the ui represantation is done in real-time and then the points after some processing are stored in the database?
If yes is there a possibillity to find the true positions in the log? I haven't check it yet
Whate is straingw for me is that I watched the device and I am almost certain that passed from a path and not all the points of the path are store
E.g if
123456789 was the path
111444777 is what is stored.
Thanks in advance
Stavros Kostomanolakis

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It probably means that your device reported same location. Often it happens when device doesn't have a GPS fix, so it reports last known location.