Suggestion: Implementing Polyline Simplification in Traccar Client

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

If you want to implement it on the server side, you should probably create a new handler that would cache data internally.

gearinvent7 years ago

I wrote C / PHP and similar codes. I'm a little lost with that suggestion but I can learn anything if you tell me how to start. Thanks

For handler example you can take a look at DistanceHandler class.

gearinvent7 years ago

Hi Anton!
I want to apply the filter in src/org/traccar/protocol/OsmAndProtocolDecoder.java because I'm doing some tests with the GPS of my phone.
I achieved to change by hand the coordinates of lat and lon but I want to read the last position or maybe create an array with some X last positions, we need it in order to create a filter.
I tried with getLastPosition but I have compilation errors, can you help me with this? I just need a sample to have the last positions in that file (OsmAndProtocolDecoder.java), then I will work in the filter and maths.
I only need this help in the java source, I write in C and I don't have time to start java from 0, sorry... thanks a lot!!

Have you looked at the DistanceHandler as I suggested? Why are you changing protocol decoder, you just need to add another handler to the pipeline.

gearinvent7 years ago

Yes Ive Read it but in osmand it is the only place that I achieved to modify the map position. I tried in that class but I only could read not change the positions I keep seeing jumps. I started with a basic average so the point will move to the middle of the distance measured

Not sure what kind of help you want from me. I can't write the code for you. If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer.

gearinvent7 years ago

OK don't worry maybe I find some java developer who contacts me to solve this, I'm electronic engineer with knowledge of C and other languages. Meanwhile I will read the topic and check if I missed something. Regards!

If you need help with code, you can send me an email to discuss it.