Summary of observed bugs in Modern UI

Oluwatobi2 years ago

Dear Anton and entire team, kudos on the good work. below is a list of all bugs i have been able to spot on the map.

1. Session Gets disconnected once you go out of the modern app.
    The modern app always request for login every-time we try to launch the app.
  2. No “remember me” option while signing into modern app.
  3. Ability to create new geofence not working on the Modern app
  4. System usually return a 404 unknown error when you try to refresh the app from a different screen aside from the map.
    For example: If I utilize the replay option on the map, and I click on refresh, we get a 404 error.
  5. White screen experienced when you do the following
    a. User > Account => Blank White Screen
    b. When you try to refresh from the blank screen you get a 404 error (Item 4)
  6.  Geofence name not visible on the map.

Suggestion
1. Map preference should be have a global settings and opportunity for different user to set basef on their preference.
2. Availability of last sync time on dashboard (2 minutes ago, etc)
3. List of accounts under user should have filter and search option
4. The images and names of each object on the map is not visible, i recommend having a base color so as to differentiate it from the map texts.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Are you using master? Most of the issues you mentioned are either already fixed or always worked.

Oluwatobi2 years ago

I would recommend either waiting for next release or trying master branch. There are a lot of improvements and fixes. And if there are still some issue or improvement suggestions, you should create separate tickets for each thing on GitHub.

Oluwatobi2 years ago

Thanks Anton,
I have installed the shared update, and below are what i have documented regarding my experience. I hope its helpful to the team.

1. Under report, We should be able to type out vehicle name under devices. system currently only allow scrolling through the list of objects we have under the account

2. Ability to select multiple objects at the same time to generate reports. we can only select one device to generate a report for now. I only tried trip and route reports though.

3. We observed right after installing, all vehicles sends notification to mobile app. Even vehicles outside certain accounts.

4. Custom xyz map is still not working for google map.

5. object are flagged offline more often than not, objects that reported 1 minute ago are flagged offline. if its possible to set status should change from online to offline only after 30 minutes - 1hr of no communication

6. We also observed what when we input the url for custom xyz, it changes all & symbol to & Example
    Input: http://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&hl=en&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}
    System saved: http://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&hl=en&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}

I must give a thumbs up to the entire team for considering weather API and a link to google map of an object.
Being an Oliver Twist, it will be nice to have list of other vehicles within xkm radius of a selected vehicle.

1. Please create a ticket on GitHub.
  2. We enabled it for summary reports. It was explicit decision for now because a lot of the time people select a large group of devices and don't realize that they are requesting millions of records at a time. Feel free to create a ticket also. Happy to discuss business case for this and possible solutions.
  3. Please create a ticket. Provide clear steps to reproduce.
  4. Please search forum. This has been discussed. There's a configuration parameter you need to set.
  5. Status is network connection status. It has nothing to do with time. This has been discussed before also.
  6. Same as 4.

If you have any other improvement/feature suggestions or bugs, please create tickets.