Tachograph Download, iButton and assign drivers

Karl.6 years ago

Hi,

Is it possible to download the tachograph of a vehicle remotely using Traccar?

I plan on fitting https://teltonika.lt/product/fm6300/ some of these that can connect to the tachograph trough kline and return the driver ID and also has the option to download the tachograph.

Also if I was looking to fit a ibutton where a driver had to scan a fob to start the vehicle does Traccar support that? I would need to be able to assign drivers/fobs to a vehicle and the tracker would query the server to see if they driver is allowed to start and drive the vehicle.

PS great job on extending the timeout on the reports!

Thanks

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

As far as I know, download the tachograph is not supported at the moment. Traccar does support iButton.

Kristof Bernaert5 months ago

I suppose this is still not available in last version, right?
@Karl, what do you use to collect the Tacho data? Like opensource server or something? A GUI to present/use the data?

Regards, Kristof

Karl.5 months ago

Hi,

I currently use teltonikas web tacho software for downloading the tacho data.

I plan on building my own platform but I'm finding it hard to get documentation from teltonika.

I suppose you have to ask for a separate account, right, to access their web tacho? also, do you have to pay for it?

Yes, preferable, I would like to have my proper software, or at least a (opensource) solution to not depend on the platform of Teltonika to collect that data. After collecting, I would like to off load that tacho data into the customers erp software (odoo).

Karl.5 months ago

Yes, you will have to ask your teltonika sales rep for an account. They usually sell packages of a minimum 20 licences but some resellers sell small packages.

They have a ftp process on their site to send the files to external systems

Hmm, would like to collect that raw DDD files myself. Can't be rockets signs to setup a server to receive those data.
You tried already something in that sense? Don't hesitate to find me on twitter (same account handle as here) to get straight in touch if you would like.

Karl.5 months ago

It can't be that easy to do blindly. You need to plug the company card into a server to be able to remotely authorise reading the tacho head.

JCardus5 months ago

Hello, I have a tachograph download solution with another device, I will try to implement it with teltonika. I'll start by contacting teltonika support for the protocol. I'll be posting here any updates.

What solution do you have JCardus? Server based to receive the DDD-files?
Isn't just the Teltonika implementation to change the upload server settings in the config which is now set to ddd.teltonika.it:29000? You can find this setting in menu CAN/Tachograph > WEB Tacho Settings.

Karl.5 months ago

To use teltonika you need to get a web tacho licence from them.

I currently use the fmc640 and fmc650 devices connected with the FMS cable.

As far as I can tell people have written their own version of web tacho but I can't get any information about the protocol from teltonika.

The Wialon platform has created their own version

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Tachograph_files_download_with_Wialon_platform

I would just like to have a server (like this traccar server) that collects the DDD-files from the tacho.

My customer has further their own software to read and process the DDD files.
Currently, the drivers have to pass by to put their tacho card in a card reader to download the data (DDD files); That card reader is from the supplier of the software they are using. So basically they are downloading the card data and collect that on their server, to push it back/sync to a computer where that tacho software is used and can import then those files.

We need to have all those frictions away and downloading over the Teltonika (Im using too FMC650) these files straight to a neutral server.

Karl.5 months ago

Web Tacho is exactly what you are looking then. It has the ability to either email you the files or FTP them to your server when it recieves them.

Web Tacho is Teltonika server.
We need to deploy a similar solution on our infrastructure with a software solution that we can install ourself.

Karl.5 months ago

Why can't it be Teltonika software?

They will install it on your server if you have a minimum of 500 licenses a year.