Telegram error

dennis4 years ago

Hi,

I get since this evening the following with the integrated telegram function

WARN: Telegram API error - Received fatal alert: handshake_failure - SSLHandshakeException (...)

What can i do to resolve this? A reboot of Traccar wont work for so far.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Try different Java version.

dennis4 years ago

Are you sure? I have done nothing with that, its a 24/7 online server and just from one moment to another this happens.

I'm using 1.8.0_232 at this moment

dennis4 years ago

I just tried apt-get update, upgrade and apt-get install openjdk-8-jre
This is the latest available as far as i can see out of this.

Traccar comes with a Java VM. Are you saying you are already using your system one?

dennis4 years ago

It has been installed as far as i know with the traccar installation, i haven't installed it myself. It was a new debian installation with no applications installed except SSH.
I currently have Traccar 4.7
When i start it i can see in the log the following; Java Runtime with 11.0.5+10-LTS

Well, it means that you are using JVM that comes with Traccar. That's why I said to try different version in the first place. For example, the one that comes with your system.

dennis4 years ago

When i do this Telegram works again. So whats the long term advice? Changing things that it will always use the system one?

Juliano4 years ago

Which commands you ran to work even temporarily

dennis4 years ago

java -jar tracker-server.jar ./conf/traccar.xml

I have run this in the /opt/traccar/ folder. You have to keep the console open for this.

shyy4 years ago

i have the same issue on 4 different servers
windows 2012 and linux, traccar versions are 4.6 and 4.7
the error is the same :

Telegram API error - user chatId retrieval failed - Received fatal alert: handshake_failure - SSLHandshakeException

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6353849/received-fatal-alert-handshake-failure-through-sslhandshakeexception

dennis4 years ago

Well it happened just like that. From one to another moment without reboot or anything.

That article your relating to is long, what is the fix?

L.Cezar4 years ago

You can do what has already been said here in this topic, try a different version.

Linux ubuntu...

see if you have ( java-8-openjdk-amd64 ) or superior in /usr/lib/jvm/

so edit ExecStart " nano /etc/systemd/system/traccar.service "

in
ExecStart=/opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml

for
ExecStart=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml

exit the nano editor and run " daemon-reload "

Lastly restart traccar service

shyy4 years ago

install the java Version 8 Update 241 and map the traccar service to work with this fixed the issue , working both with linux and windows servers

dennis4 years ago

Yeah this is almost exactly what I am saying.... but that’s just a temporary fix for now.