Testing my Local Server before Upgrading to a static IP

ewsmith9 years ago

Hello,

I have been experimenting with traccar when ever I get time to take over from the software provided with my gps trackers (TK103b). I currently don't have a static IP so every time I am issued with a new IP, I have to send a text to update the trackers with my new IP.

I just wanted to test traccar server and assumed that it would work in a similar way to my current Chinese software interface in that I have to keep updating the IP addresses on the trackers manually. I have reinstalled the server on my machine and updated the ip adresses and ports forwarding accordingly but still nothing. My log file is the following.

2015-07-24 08:33:02 INFO: Starting server...
2015-07-24 08:33:02 INFO: Operating System name: Windows 7 version: 6.1 architecture: amd64
2015-07-24 08:33:02 INFO: Java Runtime name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM vendor: Oracle Corporation version: 25.45-b02
2015-07-24 08:33:02 INFO: Memory Limit heap: 910mb non-heap: 0mb
2015-07-24 08:33:02 INFO: Version: 3.0-SNAPSHOT

My questions are 1) Im not sure the server is starting correctly as the port is not listening. 2) For my test purposes can I use my non-static IP to get the system up and running?

Thanks for any help in advanced!

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

As far as I can tell, server is running. Why do you think it's not listening? Are you sure it's not a firewall or router problem?

You can use you non-static IP as long it's visible from internet.

ac9 years ago

I am having the exact same issue, the server runs, but no communication with the GPS tracker. The ports seem to be open and tested, I even changed the port of the server just in case. No luck.

IP is dynamic, but public.

what gives?

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

If ports are visible from internet and you don't see any HEX messages in the tracker-server.log file, then it means your device doesn't send any data.