Time delay - Service status "ON" - probably an enhancement request

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

How would you know that both apps request same location accuracy?

rirvine6 years ago

It will be obvious when one is reporting a position that is 30 miles off. During my testing today, your client was reporting a position that was 30 miles away from where the phone actually was. I did some testing over the weekend on a different iPhone and got similar results - client not reporting the correct position for whatever reason.

If you are using high accuracy and still get 30 miles off then there is some problem with your device.

rirvine6 years ago

Sorry it has take me a while to respond - took some time to find a phone with an older release of the client and then to do testing while backing out changes one at a time + doing 2 hour test run. Long story short, the client version made no difference, the addition of "header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK"); header('Content-Type: text/plain'); echo 'done';" response to the PHP script that processed the client data at the host end did. When I removed this, the data coming from the client was as expect - locations and time agreed. Why the addition of this response drove either the phone or the client crazy, I do not understand as yet. Thank you for your assistance and support.

D Sanner6 years ago

Looks like this thread has diverged but here's a +1 for being able to control start/stop time (or a simple count down timer) for when traccar starts sending data (& requesting GPS location). Traccar would still be started manually but could be in an 'idle' mode until timer counts down or start time is reached.

This would save on battery & a bit of data... also decrease the likelihood of forgetting to start the App when I delay until needed. Thanks.

For any feature requests I would recommend using Github.