Topin CT1 / ZX612 protocol?

Juliano Costa5 years ago

TP I configured my topin zx303 using the sms command, just send sms to your topin in the text message use your settings for example DOMAIN#YOUR_IP_ADDRESS#YOU_TRACCAR_PORT# (the 5023 port woks fine)

Juliano Costa5 years ago

Hi everyone I have this problem ***sometimes it change sending data to default server (www.365gps.com).
Does anybody has already solved this problem?

Timo5 years ago

I pointed my Topin 303 to demo.traccar.org 5023 and device came online.
However, coordinates always points to 0.00 0.00 in Africa. Any ideas ?
Thanks, Timo

Timo5 years ago

It started to work after few hours.

Pavel Brand5 years ago

from https://github.com/progressify/petGPS/blob/master/resources/gps.txt mark 7b: Modify a fixed IP: SERVER#domain name or IP#Port ID# ( never return to 365gps server )
could be usefull :)

cperaltap4 years ago

Hi Antón, demo4.traccar.org imei 359339075324590 port 5023, on line. Problem is latitud y longitud 0.000000 y hora 1969-12-31 21.00

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Unfortunately we don't provide support for demo servers, but it looks like your device just hasn't reported any location data yet.

cperaltap4 years ago

Yes, demo not support. Traccar 4.8 open source support? I dont speak english. Thanks

DocMAX4 years ago

Unfortunately the domain name can not be used with a DDNS name. It doesn't change the IP when DDNS is updated. Any solutions for this?

Tima4 years ago

... Since here in this thread people had the same problem...

I have recently bought this device:
GF18 - GPS USB Cable

See the thread:
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/connecting-new-gps-device-usb-cable-with-traccar/

I managed to activate it - by setting the master telephone number.
Asking for the location with „999“ works fine as well.

We sucessfully activated the device here on the demo 3 server.
It came online with this command: domain#95.217.199.208#5023#.

While on their native homepage www.365gps.com the position of the devices shows up nearly accurate where I am, in Germany - in Traccar unfortunately it shows up somewhere "out of Africa" - with the latitude and longitude data remaining at 0.000/0.000

Are there here any experiences on how we can get the correct postition in Traccar?

Xavier Schreiber4 years ago

This device function with LBS and not GPS, contrary as advertised.
The cable tracker doesn't transmit a GPS coordinate but instead the GSM antenna information (Country Code, Network Code, Location Area Code, Cellid) .
The server need to use a online service (opencellid.org for exemple) to translate this information into broad location (can be good in city and awfull in the wild).
So if the demo server is not configured to take account of this type of location or if the service used to do the geosearch doesn't have this precise antenna referenced, you won't get a location.

Felix4 years ago

I have the exact same problem with my zx612 tracker.
The description of the device says "ceramic GPS antenna" and for me it looks like one. For LBS you wouldn't need such antenna because it only uses the GSM antenna right?

Felix4 years ago

Ok I figured it out. GPS works but only if you are moving. Some gt06 trackers do that according to Anton.

Thomas O4 years ago

Hey. I'm reviving this thread as it's of interest to me (again). i'm the original maintainer of the github repo that was forked and provided aboce (petGPS). I've been trying to figure out how to properly discuss with these chinese devices but no luck in getting a decent protocol description.

The so-called ZX303 does have GPS support and sends different packets depending on GPS or LBS data. How to properly answer is another question. I'm stuck at a stage where my server answer results in the device sending again and again the same LBS packet, so you could say I'm not answering it right. Does traccar have any acurate description of the packets it uses to answer these devices ?

Cheers

weizenbiers2 years ago

Ok I figured it out. GPS works but only if you are moving. Some gt06 trackers do that according to Anton.

Has anyone figured out how to turn that feature of or at least increase movement sensitivity? I'm trying the S7 / ZX303 on my cat, and it reports an updated location only very sporadically. Most of the time, even when the cat is running fast, it's pushing an old location that can easily be 500 or more metres off.
Alternatively, did someone get their hands on a complete SMS command list?