Topin CT1 / ZX612 protocol?

Cris6 years ago

Hi guys,
greetings to Anton,
I am using a couple of different devices on a traccar demo server (moving from gpstrace/orange) and it works great.
Traccar is by far the best platform!
Now I got a new device based on ZX612, called Topin CT1:
alt text
It has a different SMS command set and I presume also uses a different, not so common, protocol.
I was just optimistic to get it to work somehow with traccar but so far to no avail.
The manufacturer requests an order of 100pc before releasing documentation regarding protocol etc...
It looks like no one is using this unit (or a similar one) in conjunction with traccar or did I overlook something?
Anyone any idea at all (decoding HEX message is not an option as I do not run my own server)?
For now I am stuck with the service offered by topin ( 365gps.net ) which is mediocre in comparison, to say the least.
Link with the hardware details: Offer on AliExpress
Thanks for your time!
Regards
Cris

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You can configure it to send to the demo server and I can check logs.

Cris6 years ago

Thank you for your quick reply Anton.
I have set the device at 13:25 (UTC+2) to point to the European server demo5 i.e.
IP 104.45.26.59 on Port 5013
I hope it shows up in the logs.
Cheers.

I need a way to identify your device in the logs. I would recommend to use some rarely used port like 5012.

Cris6 years ago

Ok, switched to Port 5012 (on demo5)
Last five digits of IMEI are 03594 (if that helps at all).
Thanks!

Your device is using GT06 protocol, so correct port is 5023.

Cris6 years ago

ok WOW - it came online now!
It did not transmit a GPS fix yet, perhaps I have to wait a moment.
Thank you so much Anton!!
I have been reading through the forum here and it is admirable to see the great level support.
Thanks again.

Cris6 years ago

Looks like the device does not adhere to the standard GT06 protocol; it apparently connects to the server but no data is read out.
The previous post refers to the GT06 protocol and the dropbox document also to Topin - perhaps it is the same issue?

You need to wait till next release. There were some fixes that should solve your problem as well.

Cris6 years ago

That's great, thanks.

Robert6 years ago

Hi Cris, could you share your experience with the ZX612? Thanks in advance.

Cris6 years ago

Hi Robert, sorry about the late reply.
since the latest traccar upgrade (great work!) this tracker device is usable.

Robert6 years ago

Hi Cris, thanks for sharing your experience with this device. Do you know if it could send the SOS to Traccar?

Cris6 years ago

SOS goes usually via SMS - I'll have a look but it might take a few days.

TP5 years ago

Hi Cris, how did you configure the device to connect to the Traccar server?