TR02/GT02 Send Data Packet?

Neil Romig8 years ago

OK, I am new to TRACCAR and have no web programming experience but would like to be able to send data packet containing SMS command via GPRS to my devices (Concox TR02 clones). The protocol document shows it is possible.
Is there anyone with a code template to achieve this (perhaps via PHP)? The current web interface does not allow me to do this it seems. There are other posts asking similar questions, but no answers I can understand.
I am too confused by Netbeans / Swagger / JAVA to write any code myself yet so hoping for something I can easily use.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

In next version there will be an option to send arbitrary commands to any device.

Neil Romig8 years ago

Did this get dropped from 3.6?

No, it should be there.

Neil Romig8 years ago

But the command button is greyed out.

Neil Romig8 years ago

OK perhaps that is because tracker is not connected? I will check again when connected.

Yes, "send command" button is greyed out when there is no connection.

Neil Romig8 years ago

OK my next question is what to send? I have tried sending valid SMS command but get a "not supported" error. Do I have to send hex packet as specified in protocol document? If so how should I enter hex characters?

What protocol are we talking about?

Neil Romig8 years ago

GT02 protocol.

Which command have you tried? GT02 is a binary protocol, so if you want to send a custom command, it has to be HEX-encoded binary package.

Neil Romig8 years ago

I have tried sending these strings:

'8888141c0effffffff5354415455532c363636363636230d0a'
'STATUS,666666#'

and I have tried using 'Shift-Ctrl-u' method of typing hex directly into command box.

Neil Romig8 years ago

Update: I have also tried &#x88&#x88&#x14... but no luck. The error comes back as "Command ˆˆÿÿÿÿSTATUS,666666# is not supported in protocol gt02 - RuntimeException (BaseProtocol:65 < ActiveDevice:61 < CommandResource:37 < ...)"

Wait, how do you send commands? Please attach a screenshot.

Neil Romig8 years ago

I select the device, click the command icon, type or paste into the command box and then click Send button. (Not sure how to attach image file to this reply).