Traccar API Installation Tutorial for Beginners

Hello, I have been using Traccar for a year and I am amazed by its power, I am very grateful to Anton because I have learned a lot, however there is something that no matter how much I have searched I have not managed to learn, I apologize in advance for my clumsiness, I want to learn to install the traccar API on my server, step by step, I have never installed an API, I know how to consume them, but not install and start them, if someone has a well detailed tutorial, I would greatly appreciate it.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

You don't need to install API. Traccar comes with API enabled by default.

Thanks Anton for answering, my complete admiration for your work, in terms of the API, the log shows this: "INFO: Your platform does not provide complete low-level API for accessing direct buffers reliably. Unless explicitly requested, heap buffer will always be preferred to avoid potential system instability. " Surely I am overlooking something, because in addition to showing this message in the log, I cannot enter the url of the traccar api to consume the service. Could you guide me? believe me I have read the information about it and am quite disoriented.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

That log message has nothing to do with the web API Traccar provides.

We have the documentation for API available.

Thank you Anton, very kind for your answer, I was wrong to believe that this message said that I do not have the API activated, now I can visualize it, thank you very much again and I apologize for asking silly questions and taking your valuable time, but sometimes your guide is necessary to understand. Thank you very much again