Traccar Client Android problem after reboot

kiryat86 years ago

I have the Traccar Android client as downloaded from the PlayStore running on my Xiaomi Redmi Note4X and on my son's Android cellphone.
I have Android 6 on my phone. Both phones connect to my home Traccar Server without problem updating every 5 minutes as is the default.
My son always forget to charge his phone and when he does and starts Android the app does not send any updates till he toggles the Service status Off and back On. I rebooted my phone and saw that the client says Service running but no updates were being sent. I verified that the phone's GPS services was enabled. I then started WAZE the car directions app and I saw an immediate update on my Traccar Server page. I understand that your client waits until it receives a GPS fix before sending an update. Is there anyway I can help to debug this? I downloaded your source code and Android Studio but it does not build without the google services json file and my old PC has little memory. Maybe your app should wait a little till it makes it first request. Android is such a moving target and they change things so often. Is there a log file that I can check. My device is not rooted.
Also it would be nice to add a couple of additions to the client like SendNow (to server) or SharePosition (to Telegram,email,etc).
These seem to be very easy to implement.
Another question is about the Android Traccar management app - Can I see the battery value somewhere. I can see it on the web page and I could remind my son to recharge his phone when need.
Thank you very much.
David Kaplan

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I have heard about some issues on Xiaomi devices before. They use heavily customised Android system, so there might be some issues. You can debug by checking logs, but I don't think you would see anything there if the app doesn't even start.

kiryat86 years ago

My son has a new lower priced Samsung phone that also does not auto-start. I cannot check right now his Android definitions.

kiryat86 years ago

I found on my RedmiNote4X that they have Startup apps which I previously enabled and a battery saving list for which I changed to no battery savings and that did the trick.
I will have to see what settings is Samsung phone has when he comes home next week end.
Thank You