Traccar Client Crashing Server

DREED7 years ago

Hi,

I am not sure if this should be in the server section. What I have is a phone with the Traccar Client running all of the time with it connected to a car Wifi hotspot (the wifi is off most of the time). When the wifi hot spot turns on (on ignition) the traccar client app seems to send all of the data it has collected when unable to get to connect to the wifi (over night). This seems to crash the server as it is updating the past day or so of location data on the server - you can actually see the positions updating if logged on to the server.

I realise that this is a bit of an odd setup and that I could just turn off the client until I need it but is the best set up for atm. Any advice? Is there a way to limit the data updating at the server end?

Cheers

Dan

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Why would it be crashing server? You should probably check why it's crashing. Check logs.

DREED7 years ago

Hi Anton,

I have checked the logs - everything seems to be working fine, I have a few devices connected. But when the mobile phone connects my actual PC crashes/freezes obviously causing the traccer server to stop. I have checked the logs and my firewall/router logs and nothing obvious is happening.

For example I had a number of devices working all day and as soon as the phone connects (after no connection for 3 days) the PC freezes and the last action to happen was the mobile connected until I restarted my PC. So there is no error showing. I have checked windows event log and there is nothing obvious. Everything just froze at 1841hrs when the mobile connected.

I am assuming that 3 days worth of locations that has been taken every 30 seconds all at once is causing the freeze.

Cheers

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Crashing and freezing are two completely different things. Which one are we talking about? Freezing usually means that your computer is running out of resources. If that's the case, you have to find out what's causing it.