Traccar Client detected as a malware by Google Play Store

VACHEZ JEROME3 years ago

Hello

New traccar Client 6.10 is detected as a malware by Google Play Store.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Screenshot please.

VACHEZ JEROME3 years ago

Screenshot

Are you sure it's Google Play? I don't see any indication of that. Do you have some third party security software?

VACHEZ JEROME3 years ago

It's a Samsung Galaxy S9+.

The link goes on McAfee website but I don't have any McAfee app installed.

Does Samsung come with McAfee protection by default?

JulianBarker3 years ago

I have the same problem. S21 Ultra. Google Play Store blocking access to app update due to malware and taking me to useless McAfee webpage. No McAfee on any of my machines for nearly 30 years. No trace of it on device. Could be part of the Samsung security I guess.

Samsung announced that the new Galaxy S Series, Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Fold will come pre-installed with anti-malware protection powered by McAfee. These join the existing Samsung Galaxy lineup, including Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S9, that has McAfee VirusScan protection.

See this article.

I guess I would recommend reporting it to McAfee to make sure they fix this false positive.

JulianBarker3 years ago

Certainly no clue in the device or documentation that my phone (or my S9) is running anything by McAfee. Disappointed that it is. Any idea how to report a false positive on software you don't even know is running? Google isn't helpful. All I get is McAfee pages offering to sell me stuff I don't want.

Unfortunately not.

NathanFriend3 years ago

Same pop-up has appeared on Galaxy Note 9 - seems to be the same McAfee issue as reddit forums reporting it's included with the phone

This article seems to suggest any phone since the Note7 has McAfee, and thus would have the issue

Mauro Socci2 years ago

Also Protectstar Antispy (https://www.protectstar.com/en/products/anti-spy) detect Traccar Client as malware.

Antispy Protectstar

Avant2 years ago

My Samsung Galaxy Note just detected this as malware overnight.
Samsung malware detect

Avant2 years ago