Traccar Client for tracking of sailing yachts

Ronnie Zeiller4 years ago

Hi,
for our offshore regatta we are using satelitte trackers which are sending position datas every 5 Minutes. For distances to shore within GPRS, we thaught that we could use Traccar Client to get nice position datas at the beginning and the end of the race.
Everything is set up and working fine.

But now I found out, that firstly all the old datas which could not be sent (since we left GPRS having no internet anymore) will be sent, when a boat is having internet connection again. Especially for weak signals we need all the bandwidth for getting weather datas, tracking of other competitors and so on, so we do not want to send historical datas (which we got over satellite already).

Is there a chance to get a "turn off buffering" into the setup of the client?
And, if not, is there may be an old Traccar Client version, where this buffering was not implemented?

Thank You,
Ronnie

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Please submit a feature request on GitHub.

Ronnie Zeiller4 years ago

Thank you Anton,
feature request done.

Neprianto4 years ago

hello sir anton, i neprianto from indonesia are interested in using your service, and i try to read the documentation from that on this website, how to send data from the ionic framework application to the traccar server
https://www.traccar.org/lbs-geolocation/
I read this in the documentation, if you have the same key api then the device will automatically read its position?
Please help

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

@Neprianto how is your question related to the topic?