Traccar Client is not sending location to server in some Android phone

ak20158 years ago

I have installed latest traccar client in Asus and Micromax android phone which have latest version android lollypop, It seems there is some issue, location is not being send to server.
It just shows messages in status log
Service Created and Connectivity Change message but not showing location update message.
I started app 2 days back but still not showing location update message.
Is there any issue with antivirus app in Mobile or any other.Please let me know

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

What location provider are you using? Are you sure it's enabled in Android settings? If it's GPS, then your phone might not have a GPS fix. Note that GPS only works outdoors.

ak20158 years ago

I have checked in Asus zenfone and Micromax both,it seems there is some issue.It just show Service Created and Connectivity Change message from last 2 days.

I won't be able to help you if you don't provide the information I asked for.

jsobell8 years ago

I have the same issue. I'm sure it's something simple...
I've tried settings on all three options, and the status log only reports

• Service created
  • Connectivity change

Server port is left at default of 5055
Server address has been tested as dmain_name, http://domainname, and ip address, but no luck

Is there a debug log on the android device?

My server is listening, as an http request shows up in the log (with the appropriate errors for port 5055)

Cheers,
Jason

If you don't see location update messages on the status screen, it means that your phone can't get a location. What location provider are you using? What location providers are enabled in Android settings? If you are using GPS, make sure you are testing outdoors because it doesn't work indoors.

mniyaz7 years ago

Same in Gionee & MI phones.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I have already commented above on what to look for.

mniyaz7 years ago

Working fine.It just takes time.

pwongkk7 years ago

I encountered the same problem on my HTC Desire 510 and Samsung Note 2, but on my Samsung Note 4, it is working perfectly well.

All settings (identifier, server IP address and Port (5055) have been set to the same on all 3 phones based on the working Note 4.

On both phones, I got the following under Status :
Service Created
Connectivity Change

No error logs on the server.

But if I turned on the GPS, it starts uploading the current tracking data to the server, but the old data is not being uploaded.

Anyone knows which folder location is the data stored in for Android?
I have some location data (about 20+mb) which I need to upload to the server on both phones. I'm thinking of copying the data out from the 2 phones and transferring them to the Note 4 to upload.

If you turn off GPS, it won't get any location. I'm not sure why you expecting some data if GPS is off.

pwongkk7 years ago

The Traccar client saves the GPS data on the device when it is unable to communicate with the server to upload.

When the connextion is established with the server, it'll upload all the data it saved to the server. This is where I have the problem. My previously saved data ain't uploading to the server. I have 20+mb of old data waiting to be uploaded.

I can successfully upload the data saved on my Note 4 without having GPS turned on, while using Wifi to connect to the server.

How do you know that you have 20+ MB of data?

pwongkk7 years ago

I've the app AppMgr installed on the phone. It'll report the size of the app + data.
The app size reported without data is around 300++kb if I remembered correctly.

That's your assumption which might not be correct.