Traccar Client never stops

trackr1sa year ago

It is not only speed threshold i think. I am watchin on android device, settings are only GPS, trying to avoid fluctuation with course direction change and
stop trigger. Filtering on server do not resolve problem with battery draining in attempt to report triggered changes to server.
Server also show - Motion - Yes. Probably it filter in reports, but phone app status show every 1-2 second update. This is not cool ....not about traffic usage, this is not relevant about battery drain. What we can do about ? Algo not work as expected ...ive setting up angle distance and frequency to keep from excessive usage ....not help. And no matter what values i've set. It keep draining every second. Any chance to do something about this ?
I'm posting here cause first thing ive read is dirty fix for speed filter - it works ....but battery is dead ...

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If you set distance or angle, it will keep the GPS constantly ON to track those values. There's no other way. Therefore the battery life will be the worst.

trackr1sa year ago

But this will mean - no accuracy. Will draw points - sometime meaningless .Bad looking and incorrect trip. Will try to set zero on values for all.
If i set zero on frequency, distance and angle what will happen by default ? How will work algo to sent points ? Still cant find explanation about in site and forum.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Zero for distance and angle would mean those are not used. Zero for frequency might be an invalid parameter or you might get location every second, like GPS is reporting. I'm pretty sure the logic has been explained on the forum before.

trackr1sa year ago

In this case can someone answer how to config ?
Last test from today:
frequency 3600
distance 500
angle 10
19 hours = 5500-6000 mAh consumption.

Thank you for point to code ...trying to understand better ...and play again.
But any experience shared is appreciated.
If any other doubts will start mine thread. I just fine my troubles are some kind of similar.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Again, once you set distance or angle to anything other than 0, the GPS will be ON all the time. It means that the battery consumption will be the highest.

trackr1sa year ago

Thank you Anton. Just now prepare for next - without them, to see how it draw on map and how is battery usage
frequency will be 60 s.
if no distance and angle, i will get every 60 second update on map ...but if speeding will be bad ....i think

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If you need accurate tracking, there are other potential ways you can save battery. For example, you can disable tracking when you're at home and/or work. You can do it automatically using something like Tasker.