Traccar client stops sending update's while (Whatsapp call is in progress)

jaimzj6 years ago

Hello,

I faced a situation where I am using the latest traccar client on an android phone (installed from play store).

The client installed phone was in a car and the car was moving and at that time the phone was used for a whatsapp call. during the call that lasted 30 minutes, traccar client did not send the live / updates.

Once the whatsapp call' was dropped/disconnected the previous (during call) and current locations were updated. meaning app works and was tracking location, however due to the whatsapp data call being active locations were not sent in real-time.

my question is : Is this the way it is expected to work. and if yes can this be resolved?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It shouldn't work like that. You would need to check Android system logs to find out what happened.

jaimzj6 years ago

I will try to check the system logs, what I plan to do is re-create the scenario and then check the logs.

during the said situation the configurations were set to update only at 200 mtrs distance.

So I plan to test this once in the coming 2 days, using the distance based update. because today I tested it with frequency 15 second based updates it worked totally normal without any problem while on call.

Shall update shortly out here..

pinheiro5 years ago

good afternoon everyone
I'm new here and would like to know how to make traccar notifications on
Whatsapp

thank you!