Traccar does not start

Cristiana year ago

Good morning to all
I have installed traccar 5.5 on a test server and it works fine.
I have made the modifications to the modern version without problems.
I downloaded the backend master and everything works locally including the modifications to the modern version.
But when I compile the backend and replace on the server the .jar file, traccar does not start and gives the following error

● traccar.service - traccar
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/traccar.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2023-02-02 13:15:07 -03; 5s ago
    Process: 1589151 ExecStart=/opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 1589151 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

What am I missing?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Logs?

Cristiana year ago
2023-02-02 13:13:32  INFO: Stopping server...

This is the last thing recorded, when I stopped the traccar service to copy the jar file.
There is nothing else after that

and if I try to start traccar it doesn't add any more to the log either.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Are you sure your JAR is compatible with 5.5? If you're using the latest master - it's not.

Cristiana year ago

that's it then, because I'm using the latest master and I copied the .jar file over a 5.5 version.

what do you do in that case?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

If you want to use the master, you have to upgrade all files, not just the JAR. If you don't need master, you should use the tag for your version. It case of 5.5 the tag is v5.5.

Cristiana year ago

When you say "all files" you mean the entire contents of the Target folder?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

No, I mean all the files you have in Traccar package. Things like changelogs, templates, dependencies, configs etc.

Tysona year ago

I had a similar issue. I'm not sure how I fixed it but I think it was my Java SDK version. Using Java SDK 18 works for me. Its also possible I changed something that I shouldn't have. Try compiling an unmodified version and see if you have the same issue.

Also, I have to delete the .jar before I can build another. It doesn't seem to be able to overwrite the .jar file in the output folder.

Cristiana year ago

fixed with the release of version 5.6, thank you very much.