traccar migartion between v4.0 to v5.4

jamel2 years ago

Hey ,
I have installed traccar version 4 with postgresql connection in my server .
i would like to upgrade it to the current version
i already had a full backup and i had some issue when restore it to the current version.
any help

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

How can we help if you haven't provided any details about the issue?

jamel2 years ago

The tc_users table has not the same attributes so the restore is failed

control taken2 years ago

Something similar happened to me, I suggest that if you have version 4.0, first progressively "update" the versions until you reach 5.4 because when updating suddenly some tables were not created and/or services were loaded.

because if what you do is uninstall version 4.0 and install 5.4 and load the database all of a sudden it won't work soon the terms to install and update can be wrong in the procedure and I don't know if you are doing it in your case that's why I tell you if you read how to do a correct upgrade, if you do it progressively as I say you should not have a problem in my case it worked very well

There is no difference between updating one by one or updating directly to the newest version. It runs migration scripts one by one anyway.

GPS12 years ago

Hello,
To migrate from 4.0 to 5.4 can some one please how to do a nice and full functioning transition .
I read already the documentation and it say this:
Upgrade process is very simple:
1.Make a database backup
2.Backup your config file (if modified)
3.Backup media folder
4.Remove old version of Traccar
5. Install new version of Traccar
6.Restore media folder
7.Restore config file (if applicable)
8.Start Traccar service .

I did the steps 1,2,3,4,5 .
Step 6 say to Restore media folder but the version 5.4 dont have media folder .
Step 7 say to Restore config file (if applicable) , and here i need to know what i have to do : i just can copy and replace the default.xml from 4.0 to 5.4 and thats it ?
if i have to do some more things than just copy and replace the default.xml from 4.0 to 5.4 then tell me please what i have to do .

1. If you don't have it, you can ignore this step.
  2. DO NOT touch default.xml. This will break stuff. All your custom configuration should be in traccar.xml.
GPS12 years ago

Thank you Anton,

The database used by version 4.0 will work with version 5.4 ?

We can copy the old web interface and paste to /opt/traccar/web and in this way to have two working web interfaces ( old and modern ) ?

We still need the old web interface because most of the costumers still use it and some of them dont want to change to the modern web interface .

The database will be migrate automatically.

You can still use the legacy web app, but you need to use the latest version of the legacy app.

GPS12 years ago

Hello Anton,

I changed in the default.xml the web path to ./legacy and legacy web interface is working .

Please tell me how to do to make it work for both legacy and modern .

In the past the login page haved the option to acces modern or old , now the legacy dont have link to modern interface and the modern interface dont have link to legacy .

Our costumers need some more time to accommodate to the modern web interface and some of them is posible to want to keep the legacy web interface . We also dont have a user manual for the modern web interface yet so we cant provide to the costumers a user manual .

Swanhtet3 months ago

Hi @GPS1 can you upgrade version 4.0 to 5.4? if so can you tell me your process? my database migration is fail everytime.