Traccar not receiving data real-time

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear All,

I have 7 Devices live attached to the traccar server.

Out of which 1 is constantly on the move. and remaining moves just about randomly.

1. Right now the 1 I mentioned is moving. (However the data received from this device) is never in real-time.
  2. It comes in a lot of 5 to 6 entries I believe all together, thus I am unable to show real-time data on my GUI.

I have attached the log.

at the below link

[REMOVED]

jaimzj9 years ago

Another thing is, this is the same for all devices.
Hoewver this was not the case previously... when I tested traccar..

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

It sounds like device firmware or configuration problem.

What is the frequency of messages? I know some devices don't handle high reporting frequencies very well.

jaimzj9 years ago

The frequency is set to 5seconds.
And, The same device model (GT06n) and configuration, was working fine for me with freq of 5 seconds.

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

It is rather high frequency. I suspect that devices just can't handle it correctly and buffer messages.

jaimzj9 years ago

I shall check,..

1. with the manufacturer.
  2. With the configuration and data connectivity on the device front.
    And update on here,

If I can manage to get something. (Cuz I still doubt its the high frequency, as I was able to previously get same frequency with no problems.)

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

Based on your response, I checked the device end itself.

High frequency is okay, however what happens is here the ISP has a limit, without actual credit in the SIM (if data plan or credit is lower than Rs. 0.01) then the data connectivity does not work seamlessly for the SIM Cards.

So basically, its from my end all SIM's (Devices) I need to maintain a Balance always.

Thanks still for the info, as you said it was something to do on device end, I could figure this out..finally Now its working well..

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Thanks for sharing the info.