Traccar Server Upgrade from 3.2 to Latest (Advice needed)

jaimzj8 years ago

Dear Anton,

I am currently running Traccar 3.2 on one of my installation with over 2000+ devices on it. I am sure this might have been already addressed in previous posts, yet before I proceed, I wanted to seek your advice on the same.

I am currently running Traccar 3.2 and want to upgrade the instance to the latest version of Traccar.

• Its using MySQL database
  • and a custom PHP front-end,. With lot of changes in the tables with additional columns etc.

How do I go about the ugprade? Do I remove 3.2 and Install 3.3 and then Remove 3.3 and Install 3.4 until I Reach 3.6 the latest version?

Ideally,. I Would like to ensure that the user, position, user_device and other records are retained, without losing it as I upgrade. and also ensure from my end that,. some of the custom tables and columns I have made do not hamper the upgrade process.

As I use custom front-end and 3.3 onward lot of datbase structure and column name and table names have changed,. I have to also take time out to fix those.

Please do advice, what is the best forward. Thanking you in advance.

jaimzj8 years ago

Sorry posted in wrong Topic :( I dint realize until after posting. can this post be moved to server?

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

If you were using official version, you would have to update to 3.3 first, then straight to 3.6 from 3.3. To update, just remove old version and install new one. Don't forget to do backup and save any changes to config file(s).