traccar server - users

ddywz9 years ago

First of all thanks for the wonderful server that works excellent and with no issues. I had following questions:

1. When I create a user and then login as that user I do not see the devices that were configured from admin. Also trying to add those devices with same IME under this user won't work as they are there already. How is this supposed to work? I see the add button still available for a user with no admin privileges. Is a user supposed to have that capability or adding and removing devices?

2. Where does the server get the maps view? How private is say having a server and a client on your own? Any provisioning for https traffic in the communication between client and server?

3. Is there any work in progress to have a way to check the archive and map views from an android or apple device? While the server is very good you always have to be by a PC to check what's going on. That way from mobile device A you can track device B that is on the move.

4. What is the rotation for the archive? Is the limit in time? Space used in server? or database limit? If I increase the frequency on client say to every 30 sec how long it will accumulate data in the server? At what point it will start pruning old data? I have not tested it but what is the purpose of the "clear" button in the archive view? Will it actually delete the records in the database or it just clears the screan only and records are still there?

Thanks,

Anton Tananaev9 years ago
  1. In current default version it's impossible to create devices from admin account for other users.

2. Map data is all online from corresponding providers. Default one is OpenStreetMaps. If by client you mean Traccar Client, then it doesn't support https yet.

3. Mobile web interface and possibly apps are in plans, but not much progress yet.

4. Currently there is no rotation/limit/cleaning of the archive data. Clear button just clears the results off the screen. It doesn't delete records in the database.