traccar service does not start and shows status=203/EXEC

bmeier2 years ago

Hi,

I have just now installed the latest version of raspberry pi OS lite (raspi 4 1GB)

Raspberry Pi OS Lite
Release date: April 4th 2022
System: 64-bit
Kernel version: 5.15
Debian version: 11 (bullseye)

Downloaded the linux zip file, traccar-linux-arm, followed the manual linux installation manual and get the same error message for root (sudo) and non-root user.

● traccar.service - traccar
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/traccar.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/traccar.service.d
             └─run-as-user.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2022-04-11 21:41:16 BST; 7s ago
    Process: 1094 ExecStart=/opt/traccar/jre/bin/java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
   Main PID: 1094 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
        CPU: 9ms

Does anyone has a clue? On the internet I can't find any helpful solution. One post that is three years old mentions to reinstall the whole OS.

I have already uninstalled the service and reinstalled it, without success and same error message.

Is it possible that the new raspi OS has an issue due to this change? Just guessing
OpenJDK 17 now defaults to 'client' JVM for ARMv6 compatibility

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Yeah, sounds like there's some issue with Java. Have you tried using Java that comes with the OS instead of bundled one?

bmeier2 years ago

Hi Anton, yes, after installing java 11, it seems to work in the traccar folder I run java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml