Trackimo GPS tracker

a4tech7 years ago

I've been searching a good GPS tracker for a while now and found this new product with low startup cost and low monthly ongoing cost. So I decided to give it a try.

Now I have this GPS tracker for about a week. For the price I paid, I am satisfied, although they could make it so much better.

First the pros:

1. It's pretty accurate outdoors or in vehicles.
  2. Small, easy to carry.
  3. Comes with a lot of accessories
  4. Battery lasts all day.
  5. Web interface is functional
  6. Geo fence works
  7. History data is pretty useful
  8. Seems to be motion sensitive, which saves battery power.

Now the cons (or improvements needed):

1. The silicone protection case should have a hole to allow charging. Otherwise it is really a hassle to have to get it on and off every day.
  2. Belt clip cover is hard to install.
  3. Could use a better instruction manual.
    4.The device doesn’t offer a one- or two-way calling option.

but if anyone here could recommend for a much better device, i would gladly appreciate it.

cheers! :)

johnedvg7 years ago

i just talked to trackimo and they said it cannot be switched to a different server and that their sim card is built in (ie cannot be swapped out). are you using the traccar server with this device?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

@a4tech, if it can't work with Traccar, please put a big warning message about it in your original message.

mc7 years ago

I am able to switch to my server, and getting data, before I was getting ASCII characters I could parse the data. Now coming raw data as below

*0a0000000001f4643130383639003832303000333032003732000000000000000a0000181e0001641800000a00030a0f080400#

Now not able to track those devices in my server, because I don't know how to parse

Rodrik6 years ago

Hi johnedvg ,

I can switch to any server, previous protocol was ASCII and man readable, now I am having binary format also as above sample .

ganga nanda6 years ago

I believe ThinkRace Technology provide one of the best GPS Trackers with complete OEM/ODM/JDM Services to its clients as per their needs and requirement. To get more information visit. www.thinkrace.in

mc6 years ago

Dear Ganga nanda, This is not place to advertise tracking devices, we are asking technical questions. Beside what's makes you expert that brand is the best? Is because is yours or reselling ? There is hundreds other good brands. People not trusting MADE IN INDIA stuff, no local domestic support, many people bought cheap useless devices and now their place is junk box of recycle bind.

stobbie6 years ago

How do you switch server?
It would be super if we could use trackimo devices with traccar! The trackimo devices are great I think, I have lots of them. But support is bad, and history does not work as it should and I need the flexibility of traccar. The SIM is not build in, you can just put in your own, but i don't now how to configure the device.

Demet 6 years ago

Hi Stobbie

Write to Haim Rodrik [removed] he knows how to switch Trackimo server to other. He is expert, also father of the first car locator device inventor in 1994. He is the guru.

mc4 years ago

Stobbie,

Did you fix Trackimo server change issue? I can help with that. Now new similar size tracker came to market, much more advanced and not Made in China, not expansive

Marcin4 years ago

I can try to parse the data, but I dont know how to change the server url on my Trackimo 2g (old rect), anybody can help me?

Rodrik4 years ago

Yes i can. I wrote many times about that on forum.

Rodrik4 years ago

Marcin- I can help you. I need to send you setup tool file but the forum not have file send option. If I give you my mail here the system deletes the address

I will try to help [removed] hope the mail will not deleted
Skype [removed]

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Rodrik, this is the last warning. Please stop sharing contact details. If you want to help someone, do it through forum.

Rodrik4 years ago

I asked from Rodrik to send the message. I just wanted to help. No commercial intentions. I need desperately Trackimo protocol. Marcin able to decode and parcing the data. Rodrik have the tools to change the server settings. Please sbow us the way. If we can't send here email addresses . Mutual help all by bona fide