Trip distance mismatch between route and summary report

Parth7 years ago

Hello Anton,

I have the issue reading the mismatch between the route and summary report Distance Traveled.
When I am subtracting last route point "Total Distance" and the first point "Total Distance" then it is 407km,'
But when we extract the summary between same duration then it has 385.13km distance for the trip.

Route exported data:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A05_2h3_jwdFhhVkZkRDJCVE0/view?usp=sharing

Summary Report data:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7A05_2h3_jwa0p1aWlGXzFseWc/view?usp=sharing

Please help me.

Thanks.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Your device reports "odometer", so that's what Traccar will use by default.

Parth7 years ago

My device odometer reading seams off from what traccar calculated one. How to validate which one is correct.

And is there any way to just use traccar calculated one and discard device reported odometer in case if its not reporting correct one.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Jake AB.6 years ago

Hello Guys,

I'm re-asking this question, which report does get the Odometer value, or they both get it, since it is a mismatch whereas I tested with a real car and the Trips report seems to be more accurate than summary to the real odometer of the car.

Thanks

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

All reports use same odometer value. By default Traccar would use device-reported odometer, if available.

Jake AB.6 years ago

I'm using FM1100, and here is an example of attributes

{"priority":1,"sat":6,"event":24,"di1":0,"di2":0,"di3":0,"out1":false,"out2":false,"io24":0,"io199":0,"distance":3.38,"totalDistance":313391.52,"motion":false}

, which one is the odometer?

Your device doesn't report odometer, so server-calculated total distance will be used.

Jake AB.6 years ago

Thank you Anton, than why there is a difference between trips and summary, I mean it is very weird, don't you think?

Trips: 130.6 KM
Summary: 134.61 KM

You have to read documentation about trip calculation logic.

Jake AB.6 years ago

Anton,

I've read all the documentation, from what I understood trips are calculated based on few criteria whereas it might ignore few records, whereas summary gets sum of all records, and that's why trips is lower than summary, right?

Thanks

Correct, trips might not include some records.

Jake AB.6 years ago

Anton,

Thank you for clearing some doubts, I think I might make a workaround to use Trips logic with summary :)

Thanks again.