Trips and Stops questions about events and motion state feedback

Jack2 years ago

Hello

I've like to ask a couple of questions:

• is the Trips and Stops documentation https://www.traccar.org/documentation/trips-stops/ is relevant only for "Reports -> Event Type: Trips", or also for "Device moving" & "Device stopped" event generation?

• I understand the "Motion" attribute and how it is used with speedThreshold and other parameters to calculate Trip start and stop according to the rules explained in the aforementioned documentation page. My question is about how to read the internal state of the motion detection algorithm, as I would like to display next to each device (and how to do this would be another question) if it is currently "moving" or not. I mean I'd like a boolean that is true after "Device moving" but before "Device stopped", false otherwise.

Thanks

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Yes, the trips documentation is relevant for those events.

For the second question, you should just take the motion value from the last position.

Jack2 years ago

Thanks for the quick answer.

I'd like to point out that while "Motion" value is a proxy value of the "moving" state, it's not the same.

For example "Motion" attribute would be False when vehicle is waiting at a traffic light or train level crossing (if position update frequency is fast enough), but that doesn't mean that it is stopped according to minimalParkingDuration or minimalNoDataDuration, or updateDeviceState.

I'm talking about a boolean value that should already be present in Trips and Stops logic, I guess.

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

I see what you mean.. it doesn't use all logic from trips.

Jack2 years ago

Thanks again for the answer. I'll look into the code if there's room for a PR.