Trips enhancement

benoit8 months ago

Hello,
I am using GPS trackers for cars and people. I saw somewhere on the forum that Anton said the soft was more designed for cars.
I am writing this post to suggest an improvement for trips when it is used with people trackers like the Teltonika TMT250.

I use the trip functionnality to record security guard patrols.
Their trackers are always on and when the security guard is moving around with the tracker on him but when he's not patrolling the site it can results having a trip recorded that responds to minimalTripDuration, minimalTripDistance, minimalParkingDuration and minimalNoDataDuration criterias but he is in fact just constantly moving in the same area around his guardhouse for some reasons for example.

Here is an example of a recorded trip which matches my example. fake trip
Here is an example of a normal foot patrol: correct trip

Would it be possible to add a minimal distance between the furthest points of the trip option to tell the system if a trip is valid or not?
With this option I will be able to exclude fake trips (because all recorded positions of the trip are in a small area or in a circle of small radius).

Benoit

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

I feel like the right solution is to fix those jumps on the same spot. You can probably use one of the filtering options for that.

benoit8 months ago

I have configured some filters but if I go to strong with it datas during "real" patrols are also removed.
Gps locations during "fake" trips are not false, it is just that the guard is moving and we don't want him to take off the tracker for security reasons.
I've been thinking about it, and I think the addition of this minimal distance between the furthest points of the trip option could be really a nice update for this situation.

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

It will be very hard to implement as a dynamic algorithm.

Track-trace8 months ago

First to try based on your positions on the map i would suggest is setting filter distance in traccar.xml and restart the server.

<entry key='filter.distance'>25</entry>

So that you at least filter out positions which occur witin 25 meters from the last position.

benoit8 months ago

I have filter distance in my config set to 10, as I need to record positions every 15 meters from the last one (it is how I configured it in my TMT250 device).
If I set it to 25 meters in traccar i will loose my 15 metees accuracy during the "real' trip yes?

Or can I use a geofence to tell traccar to not consider a trip or points inside a geofence, it would be perhaps the solution?

benoit8 months ago

Or perhaps applying specific filter options for a specific geofence?

Track-trace8 months ago

At least give all the settings (filters) you already use(d) and what you have tried so far.

You should also check what the jumping positions are actually based on. Those positions that are far away from the real position on your image (is it a real valid gps position or postions based on a geolocation server). You should be able to see that in the server log looking at that time / position Hex data.

benoit8 months ago

I configured my TMT250 gps tracker like this:

• Device must have GPS fix and time to save/send records
  • Location Source only use GNSS and not cell tower
  • When moving, minimum distance based data acquisition is 15 meters
  • When moving, minimum time based data acquisition is 500 seconds (if tracker not moving more than 15 meters in this time frame), 1 hour when not moving.

Traccar configuration:

<entry key='report.trip.minimalTripDistance'>450</entry>
    <entry key='report.trip.minimalTripDuration'>600</entry>
    <entry key='report.trip.minimalNoDataDuration'>360</entry>
    <entry key='coordinates.filter'>true</entry>
    <entry key='coordinates.minError'>10</entry>
    <entry key='coordinates.maxError'>1000</entry>
    <entry key='server.timeout'>600</entry>
benoit8 months ago

I tuned the parameters to avoid false trips, it is working well most of the time but when the security guard is moving with his tracker arroung his guardhouse and not patrolling, the system coniders it as a trip, and this is normal as traccar sees the guard (and so the tracker) moving during a minimum of time and distance without stopping. But this is not a "real" trip.
To solve it I only see to be able to exclude trips with all the points in a particular zone or something like that? Or my first idea (minimal distance between the furthest points of the trip option ) but i understand as Anton said it is hard to implement as a dynamic algorithm.

Track-trace8 months ago

Does setting <entry key='event.motion.speedThreshold'>1.11</entry> change anything ?