Unable to delete devices from web UI

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

There are no patches. The issue is already fixed and the fix will be included in the next official release.

lizzus7 years ago

Ok, thanks for reply. When do you think will be released new version?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Probably within a few weeks.

lizzus7 years ago

Thank you Anton

Asesor Escolar6 years ago

Situation:
Using MySQL database, when I deleted a device from a user, it blocked access to that user. The account no longer loaded its devices.

Solution:

1. Using an access utility to the database (phpMyAdmin):
    1.1 Go to the 'users' table and identify the 'id' of the user in which you want to delete the device.
    1.2 Go to the 'devices' table and identify the 'id' of the device to be deleted.
    1.3 Go to the table 'user_device' and identify the record in which the first 'id' matches the second 'id'.

2. The device is normally deleted within the Traccar program.

3. Return to step 1.3 and delete the record that the system did not delete and that is the cause of the problem (blocking the load).

4. Restart Traccar. Deactivate the service (stopDaemon.sh) and start again (startDaemon.sh).

5. The user page should normally load the other devices.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Are you using InnoDB or MyISAM?

The tables are MyISAM created by TRACCAR

Official documentation clearly explains that you can't use MyISAM:

https://www.traccar.org/mysql/

Traccar creates tables with default engine. It does not specify any engine. You need to set correct engine for the database yourself.

Even when I change all the tables for InnoDB engine, everything works the same

You can't just change tables. You are missing constraints. You need to re-create database from scratch.

Ok.Thanks. But I don't know how re-create all database and that InnoDB engine be the actual option for create each table ...(???) I can delete all the tables and I know that TRACCAR recreate all of them but where can I config that InnoDB and not MyISAM be the engine... I have a VPS server with CentOS 6.4 x86_64.

Jimmy6 years ago

If the devices don't want to delete:

1. Make sure it's not on a Group
  2. Just change the name