Units of speed of accuracy in OsmAnd url

Anton Tananaev4 months ago

Have you read the whole thread? The information is available in the code, so someone just has to take it and convert into document.

swatf4 months ago

I have read the whole thread. I do not fully understand all the code or what it all means. Wouldn't whoever wrote the code be the best person to write at least some useful info for the OsmAnd page? I would happily give you some info for the page but, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you write it?

Like I say, I'm utterly confused with the responses here.

I wrote some of that code and I might be the best person to write the documentation, but I don't have time for it currently. The reason the documentation is not ideal is not because we didn't know about it and not because we're waiting for someone to tell us that it needs to be improved. It's because nobody put the effort to actually improve it.

swatf4 months ago

I appreciate the issue with the time to write it but it seems that more time is spent on the forum fielding questions from confused users than it would have taken to write a simple table as per the one on page 1 of this thread with at least the fields and types/lengths etc that could be sent.

I'd happily write it but I'd need someone who knows the protocol to tell me what to write. I don't fully understand what the options in the string do or where they go. I will say though I know more now than I did a month ago so who knows, maybe one day I will know enough to come back and write a page documenting the protocol and the options!

swatf4 months ago

Brilliant, that is a fantastic update. Much appreciated by many.

I did just start going through OsmAndProtocolDecoder.java and realised there's quite a task there for a novice to run through all the linked functions etc and work out what every option requires!

ChatGPT generated 99% of it for me.