Update from 3.15 to 4.3 on Windows but services does not start

Jose Rodriguez5 years ago

Hi.

I have a Traccar 3.15 running on Windows and I like to upgrade it to 4.3 that is the latest version. As said on the web, I stopped the service and download and install version 3.3 (x64) con C:\Traccar (the path I've installed before) and all is ok, reboot and start service but it goes to stop again. I uninstall 3.3 and reinstall 3.15 and all works ok.

Please, is there anything that I'm doing by mistake? Is not possible under Windows to upgrade a version installing the new exe as with other programs? It's not problem to do all the steps but the service is not running, then I have to downgrade and can't continue with the install of 4.3 for full upgrading.

Thanks a lot.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

I would recommend you to read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

Where did you get the information that you need to downgrade from 3.15 (newer version) to 3.3 (older version) first?

Hi Anton.

No, I don't say I have yo downgrade. At the web says that if I have a version minor than 3.2 (speaking by memory) I have to upgrade to 3.3 before and then upgrade to the desired version.

The packages I downloaded where the x64 (3.3 and 4.3, don't know if 3.15 is x64 or 32 but in the web there is only a download).

The system is Windows Server 2016 X64.

Thanks

Ah... The downgrade was only to let tje server working.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Have you read the page that I linked to? Version 3.15 is HIGHER than 3.3. It's also higher than 3.2, obviously.

UPS... You're right... I was thinking by mistake that 3.3 is 3.30.

Thanks a lot and sorry for this stupid error.