user-management can Manager Create/Manage Another Manager

jaimzj7 years ago

Hello,

I have implemented the 'Providing Traccar as service use case' as per the Traccar documentation.

I would like to know if a Manager can create/Manage Managers under his role?

Something like.
Admin->Manager->SubManager->EndUser
Admin->Manager->EndUser (This works already)

In the above case the dealer that is Manager can have a End User account and also Have a sub Manager account.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Manager can't create other managers, as far as I know.

abyss7 years ago

In addition, even if Admin give Manager access to "submanager" he can be treated as ordinary user only.

jaimzj7 years ago

I have been thinking about it. Would it be better to add one more role such as "submanager"

Or probably just add a 'superadmin' role

Where in the current setup 'admin' can manage and see all the other admins data as well.

However if 'superadmin' role is added this role will get all access to all admin and further data/user/group/device.

However anything further below onward from admin->manager->user will only and can access what they have created.

Basically, I would like to have your opinion on if it would make sense to,. change the use case to be able to have multiple manager/admin (Without the manager/admin) being able to view each others data.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

The permission system is already too complicated. I don't think adding another layer is a good idea.

jaimzj7 years ago

Thank you for the information's shared :) .

jaimzj7 years ago

Hello Agaon,

@Abyss to what you said here.

In addition, even if Admin give Manager access to “submanager” he can be treated as ordinary user only.

Please advice me, On the following in the current version 3.11 setup. lets say...

1. Admin creates a Manager account.
  2. This Manager creates a user account.
  3. Admin Edits the Point 2 (user's userLimit to match that of a role for manager)

In the above case, there is an entry in (user_user) table linking the manager and this particular user.
And admin has edited the user to be able to create more user.

Do you see any possible issue in this approach? Because I have implemented it. I am yet testing if all works. and would be nice to hear your suggestions that could possible help be implement the ability for manager to create user accounts who can as well manage users even if it means I have to manage it through Admin account for once.

abyss7 years ago

Hello,

It is side case and should be well tested before. There should not be any issues here, but want to note that Manager(1) won't see objects of sub-Manager(2) users. Also I do not think you can work with once Admin interaction.

Sean Hay5 years ago

Hi
Did this ever go further? My problem with the missing extra layer.

Current Scenario: Admin > Manager > Customer (User)
New Scenario 1: Super Admin (Me) > Supplier / Installer / Re-seller (Admin) > Customers (Manager) > User or
New Scenario 2: Admin (Me) > Supplier / Installer / Re-seller (Manager) > Customers (Sub-Manager) > User

My problem is that every time an Installer sells to his customer I have to go and give additional users and devices to their Customer/ User. Where if there was an extra layer they could do it themselves.