WARN: Empty address

Jose B5 years ago

Hi Anton,

I saw many old topics in this forum regarding to reverse geocoder provider (in my case google reverse is used), but no one helps me to understand the warning about empty address.

I use the new parameter "geocoder.ignorePositions=true" (my server should be disable automatic reverse geocoding requests for all positions), so in my understanding it should not exceed the daily limit of google. Therefore, I think that "empty address" do not make sense to me.

Could you clarify please?

JB

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Are you using API key from Google?

Jose B5 years ago

No, I am not

That's the problem.

Jose B5 years ago

Thank you for feedback

1. I need to setup <entry key = 'geocoder.key'>YOUR_KEY_API</ entry>, even if I am using google free request?

2. Why I getting the -warn empty address- message if the system is set to not query the geocoding server (geocoder.ignorePositions=true, I mean, I thought that system must not query on geocoder server )?

JB

1. As far as I know, Google is often blocking requests without API key.
  2. It shouldn't happen if you are using latest release and configured it correctly.
Jose B5 years ago
  1. Thank you

2. I am receiving these messages since I have installed 4.1 version. Today I am using the latest traccar (4.2).
    My configuration is in compliance with described on the traccar documentation site:

<entry key='geocoder.enable'>true</entry>
        <entry key='geocoder.type'>google</entry>
        <entry key='geocoder.onRequest'>true</entry>
        <entry key='geocoder.ignorePositions'>true</entry>
        <entry key='geocoder.reuseDistance'>10</entry>
        <entry key='geocoder.cacheSize'>20000</entry>	<!---->	
        <entry key='geocoder.format'>%r, %h, %t, %p, %s, %c</entry>

JB