Web Socket connection error

Nirav Prabtani6 years ago

I am getting web socket connection error while I am using traccar server login in one of my system.

Actually traccar is installed in one of my virtual machine, But sometime I am getting Web Socket connection error while using it.

I have attached a screen shot for your reference.

I just want to know why it is happening sometimes and what will be the impact of it over a system ?

websocket error

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It probably means the something blocks WebSocket connection. Possibly your internet provider.

Nirav Prabtani6 years ago

Thank you for quick action, I just want to know, What is the function of it and what will be the impact over a system if this error with persists more ?

This is not happening all the time, It is giving an error only sometimes, I am not able to find the exact cause behind it.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It delivers events and live location updates. As a fallback Traccar will use periodic location updates, but you will lose web notifications completely. Also, location updates will not be instant.

If you get it only sometimes it might mean that you don't have any events or updates from any of the devices for more than a minute. In this case web app would return this error as well. In this case you can safely ignore it because it will re-connect.

Akito5 years ago

If you get it only sometimes it might mean that you don't have any events or updates from any of the devices for more than a minute. In this case web app would return this error as well.

How can I turn this being recorded and shown as an error, off?

It probably means the something blocks WebSocket connection. Possibly your internet provider.

So, how can I solve this problem?

Matyi Szabolcs5 years ago

Hello!

I also care. What is the solution? Very disturbing!

karthik.e4 years ago

Even I faced this Web Socket Connection Error behind apache proxy. That issue got resolved after enabling the proxy_wstunnel module.

Hussah Saleh4 years ago

WOW, that saves my time,

a2enmod proxy_wstunnel

thank you karthik.e

Dariusz3 years ago

sounds fine :)
thank you karthike_e

Rafael Amores3 years ago

what is the solution?

Micha3 years ago

Someone any idea to solve that problem?

Dariusz3 years ago