Web UI improvement suggestion

Philip7 years ago

Couple of things that would be useful:

1. Map coordinates should be selectable on screen. User might want to copy a particular set of coordinates to get more details. It's a pain to manually type out lots of numbers

2. Tracked route map reference points should be clickable. If you click on the coordinates, the reference point on the map gets highlighted. How about also the reverse? Click on the reference point on the map and the coordinates come into focus, highlighted.

Please let me know where in the code I can add these features and I will then submit a pull request. Thanks.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago
  1. That's why there is already a button to use current map location.

2. There are no point on the map as far as I know.

Philip7 years ago

I mean the blue dots/waypoints that are displayed along the track when you view the history of a device from the web app. These should also be clickable and their details highlighted under the 'Reports' tab.

The sections are: Devices, State, Map and Reports. I see no such button to use current map location.

What dots? Can I have a screenshot of what you are talking about?

Philip7 years ago

I guess you have to zoom in to see the blue dots/markers:
traccar dots

What version of Traccar are you using? It looks completely different now.

Philip7 years ago

I believe it's 64.3.1 for Linux.

Do you mean 3.1? You should probably try latest before making any suggestions. We have removed dots completely to improve performance.

Philip7 years ago

Ok yes point taken, but we do find the dots a useful feature.

It might be useful, but on big number of devices and points is makes UI unresponsive, so unfortunately we had to remove them.