Works fine for a while but then tracker can't send data anymore -> reboot needed

lemon8 years ago

I've set up latest traccar version on a fresh root server. Everything works fine, I have 2 tracking devices connected.
But after a while (4 days in the actual case) one device stopps sending data to the server. I have controlled the tracker more than once, and everything seems ok with it. The only way to resolve this problem is to reboot the server completely.
This happens since I installed the new version 3.x on the new server. Version 2.x on the old server was fine. BTW: on this new server isn't installed anything than traccar.
Any idea what this could be?

Thank you very much!

jaimzj8 years ago

What device / make and model is it.

And do you have any logs you can share from little before the reboot and little around after the reboot.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Are devices using same protocol? Are they using UDP communication by any chance?

lemon8 years ago

Hi,

it seems a reboot doesn't resolve the problem anymore, very stange.
This is the status at the moment: I have 2 root servers running, the old one with Traccar 2.x working fine with both of my GPS trackers, and the new one with Traccar 3.x having problems with one of the devices, although on both cases the devices are configured the same.
On traccar-serer.log on the new server I see only the entries for device one while there is no one for device 2.
When I see a "check"-SMS to device 2 i see "GPRS: OFF", while it is "GPRS: ON" when device 2 is connected to the old server.
5 days ago all worked fine, I didn't change anything on the new server and there is only Traccar installed on it at the moment.
Port is 5001 (it is a TK103A device).

Any idea? Seems it doesn't connect to the server, but how could that be? It connects perfectly to the old server.

lemon8 years ago

News: I have deleted the device 2 on traccar interface and created a new one, device 3 now. And now it works again.
Seems it was a problem with the database. Any explanation?

Thank you very much!

lemon8 years ago

News again: tracker has stopped working again, at about 18.00 today, just a few hours i got it running again.
I attach the log of this time to this post, the tracker is device 4.

What exactly do you want me to look for in the log? As far as I can tell everything that comes from device is decoded correctly. If device sends any data, there should be HEX records in the log, so I think the problem is on the devices side.

lemon8 years ago

Hi Anton,

how do you explain the fact that after deleting the device and adding it again it works again? Isn't that strange?

I need logs to be able to explain anything. In the one that you provided everything is decoded correctly and I don't see any problems.

lemon8 years ago

In the one I provided you just can see that device 4 stopped sending data.
Which other log could be useful?

Well, as far as I can see your device (id 4) just stopped sending any data. If you think it does send data and it's a server issue, I need packet capture logs to prove it (for example from Wireshark).

lemon8 years ago

Ok, I see what I can do.