wrapper.log spam

florin215 years ago
FINEST|4498/0|Service traccar|19-01-29 18:43:03|Tue Jan 29 18:43:03 UTC 2019 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

do i need to do something about this or can be ignored?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Have you read the message? It tells you exactly what you need to do.

florin215 years ago

Have you read the message?

yes

It tells you exactly what you need to do.

it can tell if i dont undestand it wont do much

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

First of all, it's a warning message. So no immediate action is required.
Secondly, this warning message is completely unrelated to Traccar server.
However, this warning states that creating a secure connection without proper server identification is not recommended (which is what it's happening now)

Finally recommends to do either of:

• Get back to an insecure connection or
  • Properly identify server (get a SSL certificate for your server)

You can get more information if you "google" the warning.
You can get a certificate for your server for free @ letsencrypt.org

Hope this helps you clarify.

florin215 years ago

the server SSL is set OK by lets encrypt, https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ say its OK

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Did you make any changes to server after certificate creation?

florin215 years ago

Did you make any changes to server after certificate creation?

the only "odd thing" is that i got a notification from lets encrypt that in 3 weeks i need to renew the cert

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

It has nothing to do with your website certificate. It wants you to encrypt MySQL connection, which doesn't make sense if it's local connection anyway. Just read the error message and disable this warning.

florin215 years ago

which doesn't make sense if it's local connection anyway. Just read the error message and disable this warning.

yea is local, in 4.2 i dont get that on the log file