Wrong location issue

Rekli223 years ago

Hello, My multiple gps devices are working fine, there is just one problem. When a device has not received a GPS signal for a long time, it shows the old location. for example, when the vehicle did not receive a signal today, it shows any location it was in yesterday. So it shows the wrong location. Device Time is up to date. I can't find a solution. Can you help me?

Gps man3 years ago

i think i also experienced this issue, but not getting any solution here

Gps man3 years ago
Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Rekli22, what makes you think it's a server issue? Please provide details.

Rekli223 years ago

For example, yesterday the vehicle was in city a, today it was in city b. If there is no GPS signal in city b for a long time (several hours), the device appears in city a. If this is a device problem, how should I make a setting between the device and the traccar? or how can I adjust the traccar so that it does not show the old coordinates? your thoughts are important to me. I will be glad if you help.

What time does it show for the location? Screenshot please.

Rekli223 years ago

https://prnt.sc/108l1nx

I formatted it because the device showed the wrong location, it receives a gsm signal, but it has been seen at (0,0) coordinates for about 10 hours since it has not received a GPS signal.

It simply means that the device hasn't sent any valid location. Back to my original question - what makes you think it's a server issue?

Rekli223 years ago

Yes, it looks like a device problem, sorry I raised the issue in the wrong place. what is your advice or suggestion on this matter? The real problem is why does it show old location when it doesn't get gps signal? I wonder this. or is there an adjustment in traccar for this? such as staying where it is when the device does not receive a GPS signal

why does it show old location when it doesn't get gps signal?

such as staying where it is when the device does not receive a GPS signal

Very confused.

Rekli223 years ago

What I mean is this: Why does it show old locations when GPS signal is not received. Is there a traccar setting for that? like the cause of long lines in past movements. I searched the forum, saw such a code, does it work?

<entry key = 'filter.enable'> true </entry>
 <entry key = 'filter.maxSpeed'> 500 </entry>

And what makes you think that it's an old location and not a new location reported by the device?

Rekli223 years ago

Because my car is currently in my home garage and does not receive a GPS signal. The car is with me now, but now it appears in the city where I went yesterday.

I see that this conversation is not going anywhere. I would recommend you to take time, look at the raw data, look at the logs. Once you have definitive proof that it's a server issue, feel free to post here.

manalishi6 months ago

Hi Anton,
I would like to restart this thread since I feel lost in investigating a similar issue. I've checked my server logfile today and the misbehaving device was continuesly sending the same GPS location although I was traveling by car.

The mobile device shows"Location update" without any errors in the status view. Any recommendations how to debug this?

Server log:

2023-11-09 16:57:14  INFO: [T9d0819XX] id: 8456XX, time: 2023-11-09 16:57:13, lat: 49.47935, lon: 8.47370, course: 26.4, accuracy: 8.1
2023-11-09 16:57:14  INFO: [T9d0819XX: osmand > 192.168.XXX.XXX] 485454502f312e3120323030204f4b0d0a636f6e74656e742d6c656e6774683a20300d0a0d0a
2023-11-09 16:57:14  INFO: [T9d0819XX] disconnected