2G/GPRS ATT Shutting Down.

ryanjc7 years ago

Sorry about the links and I see, so I have limited knowledge of this, I read that it has to be the correct band/wavelength? So a device would have to be transmitting on a "3g" band to work.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I guess it's better to contact those sellers directly and ask if device would work on a 3G network.

bd81347 years ago

I am also looking for a 4G solution after my tk103b stopped working on H2O Wireless. I was hoping the MT600-A was the answer for US. Let us know anyone finds a solution.

fmoses7 years ago

The Mictrack MT600-A is working fine for me on ATT sim's. I am moving from the h20 wireless sims to att's iot sims for easy of management. I had ordered a few of the MT600-A's just to test and they have been working since december 31st.. So i just ordered another batch of them. I am still on the look out for a cheapish ODB2 style device now as well too.. but I have found my tk103b replacements... now they do cost more then I was paying for the tk103's but they are under 100USD..

jboxmanc7 years ago

The cheapest 3g OBD2 tracker that I have been able to find is from http://www.awaregps.com/ I ordered it on amazon for $50. It is a Xirgo XT-2160p, you can use these commands to configure it. My only complaint is that it can only upload its position every 30 seconds.

bd81347 years ago

The Mictrack MT600-A I ordered via Aliexexpress arrived yesterday. The documentation that came with it is poor. I am using the document from the manufacturer's website.. MT600-A manual
I am not sure if my unit is faulty. I put the H2o sim in an old At&t iPhone 3gs, that works, I get a confirmation message after each message I send, something like, "your message cost $0.50 your balance is $8.50" With a dismiss button. Not sure how to disable that or not to worry about it.
With the H2o sim installed in the MT600-A, the 2 antenna's connected, the blue sys light comes on solid and then starts flashing. A battery is connected for testing. Then after ~2 mins the blue light goes solid again and then starts flashing again. This repeats continuously. If I send a 6660000 it occasionally responds, it takes at least 12 minutes and sometimes it does not respond at all. I set the timezone, admin phone number, last night, but now I am getting no response from MT600-A.
The GPS light never comes on and I have not seen it lit. I have seen the red charge light come on once or twice.
Any idea what is wrong?
Is it something I am doing?
I have not tried setting the ip etc, it is not responding at all today.

bd81347 years ago

I got a response after 7 mins from the MT600-A today. :-)
ID:868323022665415

Date:08:50:32 23/01/2017

Fix:A State:SMS

Click to Load Preview
⁠maps.google.com

Maybe it is still alive.
Still doing its cycling of solid blue to flashing blue.

I noticed on the H2o website I can enable the sim for a 4G LTE upgrade. H2o 4G LTE
Does the MT600-A support 4G LTE?

bd81347 years ago

Ah, I set the APN for H2o (#803#0000#att.mvno##) and now the unit is responding quickly and no cycling of lights..

ryanjc7 years ago

I'm looking into using old smartphones as trackers through the Traccar client. Just doing some introductory research right now. Any advice?

Traccar Client supports Android 1.5 and higher, so pretty much any Android device ever released would be able to run it.

wojzal27 years ago

I got my MT600-A recently and had a lot of problems getting it to work on ATT LTE network with subscription SIM. ATT does not recognize IMEI #, as it is not in their database. They cannot provision SIM to work on LTE or UMTS. The MT600 would constantly reboot, SMS would respond with big delays. I was able to get it working on LTE with IMEI of my old Samsung Glxy S3 phone.

But, now how do I use it with Traccar? what port should be used for Traccar to understand the MT600 protocol

wojzal27 years ago

Thanks, I've checked already many times before, and couldn't find MT600

Well, I see port 5030.

wojzal27 years ago

Thanks. I missed it when scrolling through the list.