Attributes in version 5.8

Andreas9 months ago

Hi,

I was able to use Computed Attributes and rename Attributes in the preview version of traccar. I have just installed the modern version (version 5.8) but I am not able to see the Computed Attributed I have created on a device.

Are User attributes available on version 5.8? and what steps are required to be able to see the Computed Attributes in the modern version 5.8?

Thanks

Anton Tananaev9 months ago

User attributes? Or computed attributes?

Andreas9 months ago

I cannot see Computed attributes (that I have set in settings) in a device, even though I have added the Computed Attribute in that device. Is there any special treatment in version 5.8 compared to older versions?

Thanks

You should be able to them if everything is configured correctly.

Andreas9 months ago

Sorry for asking, but is there a link that shows how to configure them in the modern version of traccar, to check what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

Andreas9 months ago

I have seen this link without still solving the issue! Anyway, I will check it tomorrow again!

Thanks

SydTrack9 months ago

ensure you are admin.

Eduardo S9 months ago

Hi.

First of all, you need to check connection of that computed attributes with the user that doesn't shows it.

Second, when a computed attribute is connected to a device, the result of that computation is added in the data of that device positions. So, if a computed attribute is really connected to a device nd calculations are correct, then all users that are connected to that device (look here, i said device, even if the user is not connected to that attribute) should see compute result. The connection of a computed attribute with an account is just to edit it or manage it. But since computed attribute is added to a device, computed data is added to every position received of that device.

So, if when you say "I am not able to see the Computed Attributed I have created on a device." you mean that you cannot see the computed attribute in your account, but you can see the result of computation, then you should look at attribute connection with that account.

If you mean that device doesn't show computed attribute result in their position attributes, then first you should ensure your account is connected with the computed attribute in question. After that, you need to do some tests to guarantee calculation is being done correctly.

Greets.

Andreas9 months ago

After connecting required computed attribute it works! Thanks!

One more question on this version of traccar: How can I hide an attribute (parameter) i.e. io183 for example, that comes from Teltonika device?
Is there a general command such as "UI: Hide Position Attributes"? can I use for example "UI: Hide io183"???

Thanks a lot!
Best regards

You can use computed attributes to hide values as well. Just return null.

gaskoo8 months ago

how did you solve the problem with io1,io2,io3,io4

IMG

Eduardo S7 months ago

@gaskoo

If you want to hide io attributes you can do it on two ways :
First one is creating null computed attribute for io you want to hide.

Second one is to set lower priority to that attribute in Teltonika configuration. You must investigate and identify which parameter is being sent as io#, and set lower priority according to parameter list of your Teltonika model.

Greets.