Is a dedicated server required?

davejh8 years ago

Do I need a dedicated server or VPS to Install Traccar web interface or can I install on shared hosting. Many Thanks

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Yes, you need a VPS or dedicated server to host Traccar. The reason is that Traccar needs to use raw TCP and UDP ports for device communication and shared hosting don't give access to those.

davejh8 years ago

Thanks for your help. going shopping for a server

davejh8 years ago

Ok I got the server from digital ocean. installed Ubuntu 14.04 java jre and the traccar server. that's all the components running on the server. the traccar web interface looks good. The problem is using both the android and iPhone app my position does not show on the map. the log in both the apps display time and location update. I think the server is at fault or rather my configuration. has anyone any ideas
thanks

You can check server logs (/opt/traccar/logs/tracker-server.log) to see if there are HEX messages from your devices there.

davejh8 years ago

Sorry my mistake. I had not entered the correct port number in the iPad and android clients. It appears to be running well now reporting my exact position. I am very Impressed with Traccar. I have a few questions about the server.

How many connections can it handle at any one time?

How many devices can it display?

Thanks

Traccar has been tested with 10k+ real devices and 30k simulated devices. Number of connections it can handle depends only on your server specifications.

There are no limits on displayed device either.

Reber18 years ago

Hello every one...i need help
I want install traccar on vps server.
But i tried to get tutorial im not get.please please make for me vedio or photo steps install traccar on vps server.there is along day im wait that.
Best regard for all.
Reberkurdi81@gmail.com

What OS do you have installed on your VPS?

Reber18 years ago

thanks for answer ....i dont know what is easy for me .if you mean Operating System i want traccar-windows-64-3.1.zip....... please show me way by vedio or photo steps install traccar on vps. that i need .final what is the easy for me learn me .

best regard . for you Anton

reberkurdi81@gmail.com

Reber18 years ago

what is easy way for me learn me .please my friend .
in final i wish i have server tracar in internet with.

davejh8 years ago

Tell us about your sever. Is it windows or Linux. Nobody can help until we know this

Reber18 years ago

windows .
please learn me steps how to install traccar file on windows server hosting.

Here are instructions and video:

https://www.traccar.org/windows/

Reber18 years ago

i want it working in internet server like:http://demo.traccar.org/ from any where.how i install traccar file in vps hosting from company i want buy like hostgator.com and then i want how upload this file to my account vps hosting .notes in my country i cant get the ip public.