no positions reported after connectivity changed

jmdiazlr7 years ago

This morning a make a small trip, all went good, until I return to house, the status shows many connectivity changed messages but no position updated messages, the service appears active on main screen. It start reporting positions after a stop and restart of the client.

There was not position buffered and no batch sending to server after the restart.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Is it Android or iOS?

Either way, if you don't see position update messages, it means that the system hasn't reported location. In GPS case it means no signal, in network provider case it usually means no internet connection.

jmdiazlr7 years ago

The client is android.

Before I went office I make sure he client was started, and when arrived office checket traccar web, the trace was ok... I did not review anything more, after 5 hours I got out office and drive home, after an hour at home I checked status screen and found many "connectivity changed" messages but no "position updated" message, but suddenly, while looking the status screen, "position updated" messages begins to appear... I went to traccar web and verified than only this positions were received, but nothing before I access the status screen... I did not restart the client, only checked the status screen. Summary: there was not "position updated" from office arrival (maybe no gps signal), but neither in the back trip to home, neither at home until I reviewed the status screen with no other action.

Maybe some combination on GPS sigal loss and connectivity changed events stops some part of the app and resume it when we check status screen.

Maybe the app was killed? What was the time for service started message?

jmdiazlr7 years ago

I scrolled messages and did not see any start o destroy message. Is it possibly that the app stopped without manual intervention ? How can I be sure of that ?

It's definitely possible. Android system can kill the app for many reasons (e.g. to free memory).

Anduriño7 years ago

My case was similar, and I have found the cause.

Having configured "mixed provider", as soon as I turn off the phone GPS, the status in the App remains SERVICE ACTIVATED, but does not report positions.

Then I check the network provider is 100% operational, but does not send any positions.

As soon as I activate the GPS again, everything works like a charm

Are you sure you don't turn off network location provider along with GPS?

Anduriño7 years ago

100%
Two minutes 10:33 & 10:34 ONLY telephon GPS was out

null null null

Please provide screenshot of the Android location settings when you disable GPS.

Anduriño7 years ago

Disable GPS:
off

Activayed GPS:
on

detalle

The switch disables all location providers, including network.

Anduriño7 years ago

...Traccar program switch ???
or
...my Android telephine ???

THANKS ANTON!!!

Obviously I am referring to the switch on the screenshot.

Anduriño7 years ago

Anton, you're right. My phone does not work on Traccar if I only configure it for network...

null