Traccar Server Hardware (VPS/DedicatedServer) & Feedbacks

jaimzj8 years ago

Dear All,

Starting a thread for all to share their hardware/specs for traccar. here is mine (Which might be of help to many who need to know what server/hardware to use etc).

My Current Setup

Using Traccar on This Server Since : 2015 Jan
Traccar Server Version : 3.2
Traccar DB : MySQL
Total Data in Position Table : 6 Gb
Total # of Devices Configured : 1200
Total # of Devices Communicating with server : 900+ any given time
Frequency of updates from Device : 5 seconds
Default web-app : Disabled (Custom web-app being used php/apache)
Any other services : Multiple cronjobs.

After months of search for an affordable vps provider, I identified vpsdime as the most affordable provider, After evaluating their lowest package for a month. I was immediately sure I wanted to go ahead with them for nothing but their support / response time which is real good.

And today for the configurations and number of devices above. I am using their basic package, without hitting any of their FUP (Fair usage policies) or overloading the VPS Instance.

VPS : Provider : VPSDIME
For $ 7 a month.
4 CPU
6 GB Memory
30 GB SSD Space
2 TB Traffic Limit
10 Gbit Connection

Screenshot of current usage of memory/cpu etc.

rbfritz8 years ago

Thank you for the information. what os are you on there?

jaimzj8 years ago

Yes I forgot to mention that.

I am on Ubuntu Server 14.04

rbfritz8 years ago

Ive got the same provider, anyway you could help me set mine up?

rbfritz8 years ago

i cant seem to figure out where to put traccar server file on my vps, i have java installed and the os is ubuntu 15.04 64bit

jaimzj8 years ago

Sure, I can help you. share your email-id.

rbfritz8 years ago

thank you

robert.oimeke8 years ago

@nefertiti I am interested in the Traccar Apache PHP Integration. Can you assist? My email id is robert [dot] oimeke [at] gmail.com. I am willing to spare something small for man hours.

ryanjc8 years ago

Are there noticeable differences in performance between a server using Windows or Ubuntu? I've started mine using Windows because I'm accustomed to it but am considering learning how to use Ubuntu and then switching over.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

I think performance should be pretty much the same. Problem with Windows is that system itself uses more resources which means that for the same VPS specs, on Linux you would have a bit more resources available for Traccar server.

leninweblb8 years ago

Hi, I can help you. Contact me.

ihabali7 years ago

hi if i use vpsdime should i have to upload ubuntu on the srever or i select and vpsdime install it automatically

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

VPS will come with OS pre-installed.

ihabali7 years ago

thanks anton

jmdiazlr7 years ago

I am considering buy a VPS from VPSDime to host traccar, I would like to know if I have to include cPanel ? On only a base and simple linux VPS will do for tests ? Do they give a static ip address ? and do they configure my domain ?

Sorry, this will be my first VPS, I'll appreciate any direction... thanks.