Traccar Server Hardware (VPS/DedicatedServer) & Feedbacks

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Why don't you ask the provider all those question? Traccar doesn't need cPanel.

awnih7 years ago

@nefertiti Thanks for the info. Are you running the database and Traccar on the same server?

Thanks,

jaimzj7 years ago

Hello @awnih

Yes I am running database and traccar on the same server with VPSdime as they do not have private networking option at present.

David7 years ago

@nefertiti

WOW !
Nice info !

How many consoles (or Custom web-apps) are in use at the same time ?

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina
David

jaimzj7 years ago

Hello @David,

I have one custom web-app in use on the vpsdime server, however I Also have other setups where I have upto 32 different web-apps connecting to the server at the same time.

bemeto20177 years ago

Thanks nefertiti, what smtp service you use for email alerts?

I suppose they generated a huge amount of emails. Maybe more than 10k a day. Does any free service support it? Gmail, hotmail, yandex, yahoo?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

For large volumes the only free option is to host your own SMTP server. If you don't want to host it yourself, I would recommend Amazon SES service. It's not free, but it's extremely cheap.

jaimzj7 years ago

As mentioned by Anton, Amazon SES Service is surely affordable and cheap. and I am using the same as well.

Sparkpost has a free tier, So does Amazon you might. however not get the volumes you are looking at for free.

Martin6 years ago

Hi Anton,

Can you please guide me that which server provider will be best for Traccar in terms of Disk Capacity?

( In whole question I'm assuming 10 seconds reporting time for every device )

Which should I choose in between AWS, Digital Ocean, VPS Dime or Linode etc. for device tracking as I'm assuming that If each device will send around 2k entries per day then it will be huge for 1k devices.

Does AWS IOPS will effect Hard disk performance when there will be a large number of devices ( for example around 5k ) onto the Single db instance?
AWS restricts the number of IOPS a Hard disk can perform.

As I learned that Digital Ocean don't have IOPS restrictions for smaller hard disks and also read somewhere that they provide 5000 IOPS or Bandwidth of 200Mb/s.

As I see that you are using Digital Ocean servers. Is there any bottleneck you had faced on the server hard disks after something like 1k devices? Can Digital Ocean Hard disks easily handles upto 10k devices in terms of I/O operations and also from the mysql point of view? Or Digital Ocean Hard disks can take more load than 10k devices?

I don't have realtime experience of the servers for the Traccar. So please guide me.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

We use Digital Ocean for most of the server and quite happy with them. I also heard good things about Linode. As long as you get an SSD-based VPS server you shouldn't have problems with I/O.

Martin6 years ago

Thanks for sharing the information.

One more general question.
Can Digital Ocean following plan : 4GB RAM, 2vCPUs, 80GB droplet handle traffic from concurrent minimum 2k or more devices? This information will be very helpful to me for analyzing server cost.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I would recommend 8GB option for 2k devices, but you can try to start with 4GB. You can always upscale existing VPS.

Martin6 years ago

Thank you so much for all the information.

Rastreandoa year ago

Me podrian ayudar con este vps guiar en su implementacion