Web interface stops

renaud5 years ago

So far so good, no hang since the change to put Jetty libs from 4.3 on 4.4. So it's really likely to be related to https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3550
I would probably be a good idea to release traccar 4.5 with Jetty Version 9.4.18.v20190429 before more people upgrade to 4.4.

einmalacht5 years ago

Hello same problem here.
Webif stops working afer a few minutes
Ubuntu 18..04 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

How to reproduce the issue? We have a few servers running without any issues.

renaud5 years ago

If I understand the Jetty bug correctly, and from what I have tested. The easiest way is to open a session with a browser, then make 1 or 2 trackers send data for 2-3 min, then completely stop data sending for 10-15 min, click on show address a few times and Jetty will hang.

By the way, it works completely fine with the version of Jetty which was in 4.3, no crash so far. So this is completely due to Jetty, not code in traccar itself.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Have you tried new version of Jetty?

renaud5 years ago

No, I wanted to be sure it was Jetty by testing a known working version. I will try it out now.

renaud5 years ago

If it helps someone else which wants to test, here is an easy way.

cd /tmp
wget https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/jetty-distribution/9.4.18.v20190429/jetty-distribution-9.4.18.v20190429.tar.gz
tar xzf jetty-distribution-9.4.18.v20190429.tar.gz

cd /home/traccar/lib
ls *-9.4.17* | while read p; do s=`echo $p|sed 's/9.4.17.*$//'` n=`find /tmp/jetty-distribution-9.4.18.v20190429 -type f |grep $s.*.jar | head -1`; mv $n $p; done

#restart traccar
renaud5 years ago

No crash after 1 hour, this looks quite good with Jetty 9.4.18.v20190429.

renaud5 years ago

Definitely running fine with Jetty 9.4.18.v20190429, so you can repack it with that version.

einmalacht5 years ago

I tried with the code from renaud to update to jetty 9.4.18.v20190429

but i become the error message:

2019-05-03 11:37:16  WARN: Web server start failed - java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to load org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.WebSocketServerFactory - ServletException (... < WebServer:159 < Main:118 < *:104)
renaud5 years ago

It seems something went wrong in my copy/paste. I can't edit it anymore.

ls *-9.4.17* | while read p; do s=`echo $p|sed 's/9.4.17.*$//'` ; n=`find /tmp/jetty-distribution-9.4.18.v20190429 -type f |grep $s.*.jar | tail -1`; mv $n $p; done

But just be aware that this is not really the correct way to upgrade, this is a somewhat dirty, but fast, way to test.

Manuel Suárez5 years ago

I already try this and it does not work for me the strange thing is that it is only the web interface that does not work since it continues to survive the packets of the gps trackers and another thing that is very strange to me is that I do not see any error in the logs anymore. what else do Anton help

renaud5 years ago

Are you sure you really copied all the new Jetty libraries over the old ones? You really have to understand what I have done to "upgrade" the libraries to be able to do it. You have to copy the newer libraries with the same name as the old ones and restart traccar. Be aware that this is a very dirty way to do this, this is only valid for testing.
It's normal that only the web interface fails since it's Jetty which hangs.

My server is running on the new Jetty since yesterday without any crash, however, the OpenBSD package cannot be updated while this issue is present in the distribution files.

Manuel Suárez5 years ago

hello, if I'm probably not doing it the way it should, and I see why you say that it is somehow a bad practice the solution you propose I guess you will correct it in the most correct way and I want to know if you can support me in the process solution

renaud5 years ago

I would hope Anton will either repackage 4.4 or release 4.5 with a working Jetty really soon.